ATTENTION - Check out our current job openings here!
Duties of the Sheriff include but are not limited to:
- The Hamilton County Sheriff and Deputies are responsible for law enforcement in the unincorporated areas of Hamilton County. By contract the Sheriff’s Office is responsible for Blairsburg, Williams, Jewell, Ellsworth, Randall, Stanhope, Stratford and Kamrar.
- Have charge of the county jail and custody of the prisoners committed to the jail and shall provide board and care for prisoners in his care.
- Duties related to the civil process-including but not limited to original notices and petitions, garnishment, sheriff sales, protective and restraining orders, and subpoenas.
- Enforcement laws of State of Iowa and any local laws.
- Any and all other duties spelled out by Iowa Code Sections 331.651 thru 331.661
Farm Watch Request Form
Civil Division Page